The Registrar is responsible to the Pro-Vice Chancellor.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Registrar
The Registrar shall be responsible for the admissions of students, immigration arrangements, examinations, and the academic record-keeping processes, and shall perform such other func¬tions as may be specified in the Stat¬utes.
The Candidate should have the following:
1. A Master’s degree in administration or human resources management or related field. A PhD / academic doctorate from a recognised academic institution will be an added advantage.
2. Be more than 40 years and below 65 years of age at the time of application.
3. Must be a practising Adventist with a fair appreciation of Adventist philosophy of education, previous practise at administrative level in Adventist institutions of higher learning will be an added advantage
4. At least ten years working experience at Senior Management position, four of which must have been served at the minimum level of administrator in a reputable public or private institution with excellent track record in management, leadership and building winning teams.
5. High level of integrity, be a team player with excellent relations and communication skills.
6. Proven experience in performance management in a reputable public or private institution.
7. An appreciation of national, regional and/or international policy development in higher education.
8. Thorough knowledge of the structural, legislative, and regulatory frame work for management of higher education in Zimbabwe.
A commensurate attractive package and other benefits in accordance with the University Terms of Service.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, together with the following:
• A letter of motivation
• Detailed and updated curriculum vitae
• A written statement of interest not exceeding 500 words about the candidate’s vision for a competitive university in the 21st century
• Names and addresses of three (3) referees who should forward their reports directly to the Chairman of the Search Committee under confidential Cover by 25th of January 2018
• Referees should attest the candidate’s high academic credentials, management, leadership and administrative capacity and integrity.
• Certified copies of academic transcript and certificates
• Copies of applicant’s birth certificate or relevant pages of their Passports
Please apply below. Incomplete applications and/or applications received after the closing date 25th of January 2018 and time 17 00hours will not be considered